MAC Manta Rays Swim Team
Welcome to the MAC Manta Rays!
The MAC Manta Rays compete in the Richmond Metro Aquatic League (RMAL). Age groups begin at Mini-Mites up to age 6 years old through our Senior age group- ages 15-18. Practice begins in May and the season is over at the end of July!
Other Important Information
- You must be a current member in order to be eligible to compete on the MAC Manta Rays Swim Team.
- All swimmers must be able to independently swim 1 length of the pool with minimal stoppage to be eligible for the swim team. (Flotation devices and parental assistance is strictly prohibited at practice.) Our coaches are in the water the first week to help with our swimmers, but swim team is not a substitute for swim lessons.
- Safety is our first priority and our coaches may suggest swim lessons for swimmers who do not quite meet the minimum standards
- All swimmers MUST swim with their age group as practice, unless agreed to by the Head Swim Coach.
- Practices will be in the afternoons while Chesterfield County Public Schools are in session and then morning and afternoon practices will be offered once school has concluded.
- All swimmers are classified as silver swimmers until they achieve a time that will move them up to gold or blue. The swimmer that reaches a gold or blue time in a meet will swim the next meet in that classification.
- All mini mites will swim as mini mites in a meet unless the coaches choose to swim them up as a mite for a meet.
- If you need to talk to a coach, please do so before or after practice times. We ask that you do not speak with a coach about an individual issue during practices.
- The RMAL Championship meet has qualifying times for each event. If no swimmer has a qualifying time in an event then the coach will choose a swimmer to swim that event.
- You may swim up to 3 individual events and 1 relay at our dual meets. At the Championship Meet, individuals can be entered into 3 individual events and 2 relays. Entries for meets are at the discretion of the swim coaches.
- We offer private swim lessons for individuals interested in receiving additional instruction. These lessons must be handled through MAC.
- Please check email and if you are on Facebook, be sure to like our page
- We can not run meets without PARENTS!!! Please make sure to sign up to work a session at 3 meets during the season.
Age Groups – the age group of swimmers is determined by his/her age as of May 31, 2016.
- Mini-Mites: ages 6 and under
- Mites: ages 7 and 8
- Midgets: ages 9 and 10
- Juniors: ages 11 and 12
- Intermediates: ages 13 and 14
- Seniors: ages 15 through 18
For any enquiries, please get in touch.