At Midlothian Athletic Club, we offer strength training and aerobic exercises that will get your body into peak condition. When it comes to ‘land’ classes, we offer many different classes in two varying forms. For those who want to get in a good, strengthening exercise class, then you’ll be able to find one below that will do just the trick to give you the body you want. Whether you’re looking to do high interval training or lower impact classes, we have a full list below of aerobic exercises and strength training to get you in the best shape possible.
We offer two formats of classes. We have the freestyle format which is created by the instructor. We also have the Les Mills programs. Les Mills is a variety of choreographed exercises that are to music. These classes are group fitness oriented and include classes such as BodyPump™, BodyCombat™, and more. These classes are targeted to create a more fit population with exercises that are strengthening and will work your body hard. Les Mills was created by a track and field athletes from New Zealand who has competed in the Olympics, so you know the workout will be fulfilling and leave you thoroughly invigorated and exhilarated.
Below you’ll find the classes we offer. From Zumba to HIIT 30 are the free style classes. From BodyPump™ to BodyAttack™ are Les Mills programs. The last three classes are pop up classes for special occasions. If you have any questions about the classes we teach, then take the time to contact us or try out a class that sounds interesting by viewing the class schedule at the bottom of the page.
The Freestyle Classes:
- Zumba: Dance your heart out in this aerobic class that features moves from various Latin American dance styles to exhilarating dance music.
- Cardio+Sculpt: This workout is for those who enjoy cardio and strength training all neatly packaged together in one challenging class.
- Boot Camp: Boot camp will work your whole body. It’s a whole class of strength training and fitness building through group intervals of intense workouts. You’ll work with weights and do cardio exercises.
- Low Impact Aerobics: This aerobics exercise class is not as difficult on the joints as other workouts might be. You’ll work on getting your heart pumping, but won’t put as much strain on your limbs.
- Low Impact Gentle: This class is perfect for those who are looking for low impact exercises and are just starting to workout. You’ll experience strengthening, toning, increasing your flexibility, and improving your balance with exercises that are low impact.
- Strength for Seniors: Don’t worry if you love to exercise and are on the older side, this aerobic class is geared to help strengthen the bodies of people who are over 65 years of age. With resistance training and other exercises to strengthen your body, this is the perfect workout for Seniors.
- MAC Barre: Barre is a combination of exercises that work your whole body with small isometric strength training routines. You’ll work on a bar and do multiple reps of movements that range in small motions.
- MAC Burn: This class offers 45 minutes of high intensity interval training designed to challenge the participants’ fitness level. Research shows that HIIT training is an efficient and effective approach to exercise. Cardiorespiratory, strength, plyometric, and agility drills will be presented in timed intervals, and participants will use variety of equipment.
- Athletic Intervals: This aerobics class is for those who want to improve the physiology of the body. It is a combination of exercises that are interval training based, are cardio based, and will work your heart to decrease disease.
- TBS: Total Body Sculpt, all level class with features resistance work to challenge all major muscle groups.
The Les Mills Classes:
- Body Pump™: This Les Mills class will work your major muscles with exercises with weights, high repetition with low weights, and other breakthrough fitness training exercises.
- Body Combat™: This class is more high-energy inspired with martial arts integrated into the class. You’ll burn calories by punching and kicking your way with moves from boxing, taekwondo, and karate.
- CXWORX™: If you want to exercise your core, then this is the class for you. You’ll go through a series of core exercises with tools such as resistance tubes, weights, and activities that involve your body weight.
- BodyFlow™: This exercise is very similar to yoga and pilates. You’ll build on flexibility, strength while controlling your breathing. Also, you’ll stretch your body and bring a harmony and balance to your routine.
- BodyStep™: If you’re looking for a good class to start with for Les Mills aerobics, then this class is perfect. By doing simple movements and steps while using a cardio block, you’ll burn fat and tone your body.
- RPM™: If you love indoor spinning, then RPM™ is the Les Mills version of spin classes. You’ll work on a bike while controlling the intensity of the bike to hit your peak cardio numbers. You’ll work on endurance and pace yourself while doing cardio fitness.
- BodyAttack™: This is an aerobic class that focuses on cardio routines. It’s a group exercise class that is driven by sports movements.
- Sprint™: a 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, using an indoor bike to achieve fast results. It’s a short, intense style of training where the thrill and motivation comes from pushing your physical and mental limits. A high intensity, low impact workout, it’s scientifically proven to return rapid results.
The Pop up Classes:
- Sh’Bam™: This pop up class is a fun way to get in shape because of the focus on dancing. You’ll invigorate your body with the hottest dance moves.
- BodyJam™: This is a cardio workout while enjoying doing dance moves. It’s a fusion of the latest dances while moving your body to the trendiest music.
- Piloxing and Pound®: This is a pop up fusion class that involves blending dance, boxing, and Pilates. You’ll push your body to the limit with this class.