- About us
- Contact Us
- Dubs-n-Suds November 11
- Events Calendar
- Events template
- Group Exercise
- H20MG Fest 2019
- Kid’s Club – What to know before you go
- MAC Team
- May MAC – Coming Soon
- Organizer template
- Personal Training
- Taxonomy template
- Thank You
- Venue template
At Midlothian Athletic Club, we offer over 80 group exercise classes per week, and many of those are considered “land.” Land classes take place on land in GX1, the basketball court, or even outside! We offer a variety of classes which focus on strength training, cardiovascular training, or a combination of both. We also offer classes specifically designed for active agers. Some of our classes are “freestyle,” which means the instructor designs the class and selects the music. Others of our classes are designed by international fitness leaders like Les Mills’ International and Zumba and presented by certified instructors.
The Freestyle Classes:
- Zumba: Dance your heart out in this aerobic class that features moves from various Latin American dance styles to exhilarating dance music.
- Cardio+Sculpt: This workout is for those who enjoy cardio and strength training all neatly packaged together in one challenging class.
- Boot Camp: Boot camp will work your whole body. It’s a whole class of strength training and fitness building through group intervals of intense workouts. You’ll work with weights and do cardio exercises.
- Low Impact Aerobics: This aerobics exercise class is not as difficult on the joints as other workouts might be. You’ll work on getting your heart pumping, but won’t put as much strain on your joints.
- Low Impact Gentle: This class is perfect for those who are looking for low impact exercises and are just starting to workout. You’ll experience strengthening, toning, increasing your flexibility, and improving your balance with exercises that are low impact.
- Strength for Seniors: This class is geared to help strengthen the bodies of people who are over 65 years of age. With resistance training and other exercises to strengthen your body, this is the perfect workout for seniors.
- MAC Barre: Barre is a combination of exercises that work your whole body with small isometric strength training routines. You’ll work on a bar and do multiple reps of movements that range in small motions.
- MAC Burn: This class offers 45 minutes of high intensity interval training designed to challenge the participants’ fitness level. Research shows that HIIT training is an efficient and effective approach to exercise. Cardiorespiratory, strength, plyometric, and agility drills will be presented in timed intervals, and participants will use variety of equipment.
- Athletic Intervals: This class is for those who want to improve the overall physiology of the body. It is a combination of exercises that are interval training based and provides a mix of cardiovascular and strength challenges.
- TBS: Total Body Sculpt, all level strength class with features resistance work to challenge all major muscle groups.
- Butts and Guts: All level strength class with features resistance work to challenge the trunk of the body, shoulders to hips, 360 degrees around the rib cage.
The Les Mills Classes:
- Body Pump™: This Les Mills class will work your major muscles with exercises with weights, high repetition with low weights, and other breakthrough fitness training exercises.
- Body Combat™: This class is more high-energy inspired with martial arts integrated into the class. You’ll burn calories by punching and kicking your way with moves from boxing, taekwondo, and karate.
- CXWORX™: If you want to exercise your core, then this is the class for you. You’ll go through a series of core exercises with tools such as resistance tubes, weights, and activities that involve your body weight.
- BodyFlow™: This exercise is very similar to yoga and pilates. You’ll build on flexibility, strength while controlling your breathing. Also, you’ll stretch your body and bring a harmony and balance to your routine.
- BodyStep™: If you’re looking for a good class to start with for Les Mills aerobics, then this class is perfect. By doing simple movements and steps while using a cardio block, you’ll burn fat and tone your body.
- RPM™: If you love indoor spinning, then RPM™ is the Les Mills version of spin classes. You’ll work on a bike while controlling the intensity of the bike to hit your peak cardio numbers. You’ll work on endurance and pace yourself while doing cardio fitness.
- BodyAttack™: This is an aerobic class that focuses on cardio routines. It’s a group exercise class that is driven by sports movements.
- Sprint™: a 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, using an indoor bike to achieve fast results. It’s a short, intense style of training where the thrill and motivation comes from pushing your physical and mental limits. A high intensity, low impact workout, it’s scientifically proven to return rapid results.
- Les Mills Tone™: A group class that offers a mix of cardio, strength, and core exercises and utilizes a variety of training concepts to ensure everyone gets the best results from their workouts. A multi-level, all inclusive, yet challenging class, and one of Les Mills’ newest programs!
The Pop up Classes:
- Sh’Bam™: This pop up class is a fun way to get in shape because of the focus on dancing. You’ll invigorate your body with the hottest dance moves.
- BodyJam™: This is a cardio workout while enjoying doing dance moves. It’s a fusion of the latest dances while moving your body to the trendiest music.
- Piloxing and Pound®: This is a pop up fusion class that involves blending dance, boxing, and Pilates. You’ll push your body to the limit with this class.
View Classes Schedule