At Midlothian Athletic Club, we offer indoor cycling classes that will challenge the most important muscle of your body, your heart. Our indoor cycling classes provide a cardio challenge with no wear and tear on the body. One of the best benefits of indoor cycling is every rider may take any class and work to her or his own desired intensity; indoor cycling is truly the most inclusive class of all!
We value Spinning® at our health club, which is why we are officially a licensed Spinning® facility. This means MAC has the best indoor cycling bikes provided by Spinning®, and the majority of our instructors are certified by the Spinning® program.
- Spinning®: The Spinning® program is the global leader in indoor cycling training, education and equipment. Uniquely tailored to suit a wide range of abilities and fitness goals, the Spinning® program and patented Spinner® bikes deliver a personalized workout, incredible calorie burn and personal challenge—all at a self-directed pace. Check the class schedule for the duration of the specific class.
- CycleBody: A 45-minute indoor cycling class that features an accelerated warm-up, high-intensity cardiovascular conditioning, segments of muscle-sculpting strength training on the bike, and rhythm-based choreography just for fun! Options provided for all levels.
- Tabata: A 30 minute indoor cycling class which offers high intensity interval training in the format of 8 x (20 seconds work: 10 seconds recovery) followed by 1 minute of extended recovery. The pattern is repeated to consume 30 minutes.
MAC also offers the following Les Mills indoor cycling programs:
- RPM™: If you love indoor cycling, then RPM™ is the Les Mills version for you. In this 45 minute class, you’ll work on a bike while controlling the intensity of the bike to hit your peak cardio numbers. You’ll work on endurance and pace yourself while doing cardio fitness.
- Sprint™: a 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, using an indoor bike to achieve fast results. It’s a short, intense style of training where the thrill and motivation comes from pushing your physical and mental limits. A high intensity, low impact workout, it’s scientifically proven to return rapid results.